Jaw Joint Treatment
Our practice provides jaw joint treatment for patients experiencing symptoms of TMJ disorder. The temporomandibular joint connects the lower joint to the temporal bone located in the skull. Muscles around this joint work in conjunction with it to allow you to talk, yawn, chew, speak, and use your jaws with ease. When problems arise with the function of this joint, patients experience a wide range of different symptoms.
- Some of the symptoms of TMD include:
- Difficulty chewing Restricted jaw function
- Difficulty speaking Pain in the jaw region of the face
- Swelling in the face near the joint
- Clicking or popping sounds
- A feeling of tiredness in the face
- Bite problems Headaches and neck pain
Additional symptoms of TMD can include dizziness, hearing problems, neck aches, toothaches, ear ringing, and upper shoulder pain. We strive to make our patients as comfortable as possible while providing them with optimal dental services. If you are experiencing pain or facial swelling in the jaw or any other symptoms of TMD, we provide jaw joint treatments which can assist you in alleviating the pain and remedying the disorder. Dentists Dr. Robert F. Hankel Jr. DDS and Dr. Chris Ehrbright DDS provide a wide range of different treatment options to address your concerns. Schedule an appointment to find out more about jaw joint treatment.